Back in June/July last year i created hotelsrevealed.com. As i was putting it together, i blogged about what i was doing. Since then, the site has remained pretty much untouched, but i do have plans to inject it with more love, so it makes sense that i continue the trend of blogging about the changes i make, as i make them.
My immediate goal is to add more content. Lots of it. That will naturally increase traffic. I then have to think about building a community around it. I have no idea how i’ll do that at present, so simply ‘thinking’ about it is work enough for me.
Longer term the site needs a new look, a slogan and more graphics / icons. Here’s a list of stuff that is wrong;
- Too much text on homepage, not enough graphics.
- Logo doesn’t explain what the site is about (the text might but the style / imagery doesn’t or is non existant).
- The sidebar is too bare.
- Not enough content – only london hotels listed at present.
- No twitter / facebook / social links.
- Lack of pages / menu / navigation.
- Not enough distinction between headers and sub headers / text.
- Colours are too bright
- No actual booking facility / links to hotel search engines
- No contact form
Don’t be afraid to add more to that list – in fact, just pretend you don’t know me and criticise the site to the best of your ability because that’s what i do when i’m coming up with a list of flaws…
Anyway, the whole point of this is to prove myself right… i know this is a pretty big niche, i know i can increase traffic… i know it has ‘potential’ in it, so just like theleavingcert.com, i’m hoping to unlock that potential and keep the site growing.