on sitepoint, i notice an auction for thumbq.
In fairness, it’s a beautiful site, and at the minute, kicks JPEGr‘s ass. But with an opening bid of $3500, i’m keeping a close eye on this site.
On the plus side for JPEGr:
- It has zero revenue, unlike JPEGr which gets about $30/month using adsense alone.
- JPEGr, imo is a much more valuable domain name.
- JPEGr has a nicer homepage.
However, on the plus side for THUMBQ:
- It has a PR 6 (although predicted PR 4.7), JPEGr is currently 4, with predicted 4.3.
- It creates various thumbnail images, and slideshows – JPEGr does not.
- It allows for multiple uploading of images, JPEGr is just one at a time.
This is food for thought for me, with JPEGr’s attractive domain name, and simple interface with classy homepage, i could be looking at $4k for the site.. i’d have to add multiple uploading, thumbnail images etc.. though first.
$4k would go along way towards launching BeerChief i’m thinking. Mixed with $2k savings, i could have $6000 to inject into BeerChief.