Press enter to see results or esc to cancel.

365 photos in a day

I’ve seen a lot of ‘365’ projects where people take a photo every day for a year or some take 2 second video clips every day for a year… it’s a challenge and forces you to be creative but for me the real reward is being able to look back on it with a sense of achievement once it’s done. I decided to do one of these, but do it with a twist – 365 photos in a DAY.

The Photos

I’ve uploaded all of them to my Flickr & Facebook under a ‘Project 365‘ album. I’ll just post my favourites here… most of them were taken around Monaghan Town and like all of my photos, they’ve all been uploaded under a creative commons licence so do with them as you please…

Monaghan Town

Credit Cards

Monaghan Town

Rossmore Park, Monaghan

Monaghan Town

Monaghan Town

Rossmore Park, Monaghan

Monaghan Town

Rossmore Park, Monaghan

Rossmore Park, Monaghan

Monaghan Town

Monaghan Town

St Peter's Lake Monaghan

Garda Station, Monaghan Town

The Bon Bon, Monaghan

Monaghan Town

Irish Nationwide

Rossmore Park, Monaghan

Old Cross Square

Monaghan Town

Rossmore Park, Monaghan

St Peter's Lake Monaghan

Monaghan Diamond Cinema

St Peter's Lake Monaghan

Tea

I knew from the start that 365 photos in 24 hours would be challenging but I made some rules for myself to make it a bit more difficult:

  • No travelling outside my own town
  • No abstract stuff
  • Every photo must have a purpose (I need to be able to visualise it in an article about something)

I started at about 11am yesterday and 24 hours later i’d gotten my 365 photos (well, about 450 but some were blurry / unusable / duplicates). Although the weather looks ok or even ‘nice’ in the photos, it was raining for a good chunk of yesterday so that sort of ruined my plans to get shots of the town. In an attempt to stay on track with the numbers, I decided to get up early this morning and take advantage of what I knew would be a dry morning. The other big benefit of being out and about early is that the town is completely dead so everything looks much more peaceful without traffic and people.

Overall, i’m glad I did this, simply for the sense of achievement you get when it’s done and also because it’s pushing myself creatively. With producing any type of content, I find the Parato Principal (aka 80/20 rule) applies. 80% of the stuff you create isn’t useful – to put it bluntly. The people judge it to be of no value as they don’t use it or like it or share it etc… the other 20% is the useful stuff. You can’t have one without the other though. So i know that of the 365 photos I’ve uploaded today, about 300 probably won’t be viewed that much or used by anyone. The other 65 will make it all worthwhile.

Sean MacEntee

Web Developer. Technology Addict. Swimmer. Man Utd Fan. Writer. Designer.